There’s a reason athletes use performance enhancing drugs. They may have a lot of side effects, but they also have a lot of benefits. These benefits allow athletes to play better, keeping their careers going and keeping them employed. With the pressures on athletes to perform, performance enhancing drugs have been a way for them to keep up with the competition. Since their livelihood depends on performance, it’s not a surprise that players take advantage of the benefits of performance enhancing drugs.
There are four types of performance enhancing drugs 12. These types include stimulants, steroids, human growth hormone and erythropoietin. Stimulants increase energy levels so athletes can work out harder. They can also help athletes lose weight. Steroids and human growth hormones work to increase muscle mass. Erythropoietin increases the red blood cells' capacity for carrying oxygen.
Performance enhancing drugs help the body build muscle faster 12. This makes the person stronger with less effort. Some performance enhancing drugs increase muscle mass 12. Performance enhancing drugs give athletes more energy and increase endurance 12. Overall, these effects give athletes an advantage over their competitors and allow them to perform beyond their potential without the drugs.
Performance enhancing drugs come in many forms 12. Some are available in pill form. Other performance enhancing drugs such as steroids are injections 12. Some athletes use steroids as topical creams that the body absorbs. Blood doping includes blood transfusions that help increase oxygen-carrying capacities.
After stopping performance enhancing drugs, the body will lose muscle and power quickly 12. Other side effects include fatigue, withdrawals, increase in body fat, loose and sagging skin and mental problems.
While performance enhancing drugs have many benefits, there are also issues with overdose 12. Athletes thinking to increase the dose of substances beyond recommended doses need to consider that the benefits may not increase with the dosage, and that the listed side effects are more likely to occur. Overdose is also possible. Recommended dosage is the optimum dose for athletic benefit.
While drug tests are mandatory for most sports, there are still a large number of athletes who continue to use performance enhancing drugs 12. For them, the benefits of performance enhancing drugs outweigh the risks of getting caught 12.
Is This an Emergency?
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
The Wrap Up
Performance enhancing drugs help the body build muscle faster. Overall, these effects give athletes an advantage over their competitors and allow them to perform beyond their potential without the drugs. Other performance enhancing drugs such as steroids are injections.
- What are some applications of homological algebra
- Who invented the first mechanical flight simulator
- Who are the best recruiters in AI
- Could moving to Hawaii cure seasonal depression
- Which one is bigger 1000g or 1kg
- Is beaten like a dog an idiom
- How can I whistle high notes
- How important is building a professional network
- Which is your favorite perfume scent
- How can a computer text message
- What does the term carrier services mean
- Do people get married while doing PhD
- Which is the best speedster The Flash
- What are some books about everything
- What is a limited liability in business
- Where can I find open source collaborators
- What country has Hagatna as its capital
- Do most guys lie about their height
- Are ear piercings haram in Islam